Caffeine is mostly associated with coffee, although it occurs naturally in kola nut, chocolate, tea and other plant foods. In our today’s article, we shall explore the various effects of caffeine on the health of a person on ketosis. We will also make recommendations which will make sure that the benefits of adhering to this diet get maximized while the side effects get minimized.
Pros Of Caffeine
- It suppresses appetite and increases metabolic rate. thus promoting fat loss. Depending upon the dosage and health statistics of the individual, caffeine consumption is known to boost up metabolic rate by 13%.
- Caffeine is also known to add impetus to ketone production in our body which can make it easier to attain our health goal.
- Caffeinated beverages have showcased positive results in fighting off diabetes.Once our body gets accustomed to the effects of caffeine over time, insulin and blood sugar response improves from baseline although the exact result might vary from person to person.
- Caffeine consumption enhances our body’s response to endurance and strength exercise.
- Caffeine is known to lift up our mood and make us more alert by fighting off signs of fatigue.
- Observational studies advocate the usage of caffeinated coffee for protecting us against fatty liver and cirrhosis.
Cons Of Caffeine
- When people start consuming caffeine on a regular basis, they might show signs of caffeine dependency with time. Withdrawal symptoms, such as nausea, vomiting and severe headache is faced when heavy caffeine drinkers try to stay away from caffeine for several hours.
- Caffeine is known to increase the level of stress hormone cortisol in our body which might pave the way for increased food intake, appetite and fat storage around the abdominal area.
- Caffeine has a big role to play in meddling with our sleep schedules since it blocks the release of brain chemicals causing relaxation.
- Consumption of highly caffeinated coffee has been linked with the increased probability of “slow” caffeine metabolizers and CYP1A2 genotype in succumbing to a heart attack.
Keto-Friendly Caffeinated Beverages
Black tea or coffee along with a pinch of sugar free sweetener can suffice people following keto diets. If your body is craving for the milk content, then you can go with coconut or unsweetened almond milk. But it is a tough job finding coffee shops serving the same. You can also mix low carb protein powder available in best prices at KetoaHolics.com with your regular coffee to benefit from the best of both worlds.
Caffeine is guaranteed to usher in benefits as long as it does not flow above the daily recommended level of 400 mg. The key lies in identifying how exactly is caffeine affecting your body. You can do the same by experimenting with your sleep schedule and testing the blood sugar level. Finding the optimal amount to fit your needs will aid in enhancing the quality of your life.