When it comes to superfoods, turmeric is one of the most beneficial and effective supplements and used all over the world. This golden spice contains many strong ingredients, and one of the active compounds in it is the curcumin, which is famous due to its anti-inflammatory properties. It is perfect for people who are suffering from arthritic pain.
According to many researches, it was concluded that the inflammation is deeply bonded to some of the following diseases:
- Alzheimer’s Disease
- Heart disease
- Muscle stiffness
- Joint pain, arthritis
And some researches proved that the turmeric is even more powerful and effective than many drugs used for inflammation treatment. The Alternative Medicine Review published a study from 2009 in which the turmeric’s anti-inflammatory properties were observed.
“Based on animal research and early cell culture, some trials have proven that the curcumin has powerful therapeutic properties, and can cure many diseases including arthritis, pancreatitis, inflammatory bowel disease, chronic anterior uveitis and many other, and some types of cancer as well.”
THE HEALTH BENEFITS OF RAW MANUKA HONEY
Frontiers of Microbiology published a study from 2016, in which was written: That the Manuka Honey is no longer so alternative and that this honey was going under substantial renaissance to conclude this fact.
But also there is another reason for this, a study from 2011 was published by the Asian Pacific Journal of Tropical Biomedicine, in which was researched about the antibacterial and antimicrobial properties that the raw manuka honey contains, and about its healing and preventive properties as well. The manuka honey surprised the researchers, because they were amazed by the fact that this type of honey was more effective than any other type out there.
“This type of honey is displaying antibacterial effects, even in the case when the activity of hydrogen peroxide is stopped. This may relate to the high sugar content and the low pH levels, which is enough to make the microbes growing process slower or stop it.”
Here are a few other benefits from the Manuka Honey:
- Treats diabetes
- Reduces systemic inflammation
- Reduces high cholesterol
- Prevents and treats cancer
- Treats gastrointestinal problems
- Treats sinus, ear and eye infections
2-Ingredient Raw Manuka Honey and Turmeric Bombs
Can you believe that all of those benefits are stored and contained in these two simple ingredients? Take a look at below, of the things you need to prepare these amazing turmeric bombs!
You will need:
- 3 tablespoons of raw manuka honey
- 1/3 cup of ground turmeric
- Small mixing bowl
- Parchment paper and baking sheet
- If you are not a honey fan, you can replace it with some melted coconut oil
- Mix all ingredients in the bowl, until the mixture becomes like a peanut-butter.
- Roll them into pieces that are the size of a bite, try using a teaspoon for them.
- Place each turmeric bomb and raw manuka honey in the line on the baking sheet.
- Freeze the bombs for 2 hours in the refrigerator.
- Then you can store them in a container.
- Eat them as a snack, but don’t forget to put them in the freezer.
Enjoy this amazing recipe that has only two ingredients, which has anti-inflammatory properties, it is fuss-free and it tastes wonderful!